ARC GB1810-WH Fold-Up Support, No Leg - White
- Special Order - Call for lead times
- Free Shipping
Fold-up Supports are a must-have balance-assist aid. The space-saving design is ideal for installation next to a toilet or sink, where it’s important to have a steady handhold but also a clear approach path. In addition, the parallel trombone-slide shaped bar permits many holding and leveraging positions that help users maneuver safely with increased stability.
When swung against a wall, all Fold-up Supports are securely held in the upright position by a clamping mechanism, yet release easily with a slight tug when a user chooses to swing them into the “ready” position.
White and blue supports are powder-coated steel for a durable, protective, water resistant finish. The stainless steel model is totally waterproof. Adjustable leg versions, by far the most popular, offer height adjustments in ¾″ increments to accommodate a wide range of personal use preferences, and a fine-tune foot allows for setting the equipment to the exact height to suit an individual’s needs.
- Flexible, convenient support for challenging situations
- Adjustable leg and fixed leg models support up to 440 lbs.; no-leg model supports up to 220 lbs.
- Adjustable leg models adjust in ¾" increments
- Adjustable leg models have a fine-tune foot for +/- ½" micro-adjustments
- All models swing against a wall for clearance
- When swung against a wall, a flexible clamp hold the support in position
- Choose legged models in white, blue, and stainless steel
- All models include a toilet roll holder
Fastener requirements: Installation requires substantial, well secured blocking in or on wall. Use ¼″ dia. round head or hex head fasteners to mount support to wall blocking (fastener type and length vary depending on wall materials, thickness of wall, and other factors); stainless steel fasteners recommended in wet area locations.
Other Information: All models include a toilet roll holder.
What You'll Need
- Fold-up Support
- round head or hex head fasteners with ¼” dia. shank in a length appropriate for the installation
- power drill
- measuring tape
- 2× lumber for blocking in wall
- fasteners (#14 round head or hex head fasteners recommended–do not use flat head type fasteners; use stainless steel fasteners in wet area installations; each fastener must be capable of withstanding 77 lbs. of pull-out force; the length of fasteners will depend on the distance to drive them deeply into an appropriately reinforced material capable of supporting the load; drive a fastener into every mounting bracket pilot hole)
All AKW shower bases and pans carry a conditional lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
For all other AKW products installed in a domestic environment and used by a single residential family or occupancy group, AKW offers a conditional 10-year warranty against product material and manufacturing defects. Where the product is installed in a public or residential care environment, use is more frequent; as a result, AKW offers a conditional 5-year warranty against material and manufacturing defects for these installations.
AKW's liability under this warranty is limited to either repair or replace the product with an identical or reasonably equivalent product. In the alternative, AKW may refund, in full, the actual purchase price paid by ARC if the repair is not commercially reasonable or possible within a reasonable time and it is unable to supply a replacement product. We shall not be responsible for any associated freight, labor, other materials, damages or installation costs.
AKW's warranty will only apply to products which are installed fully in accordance with its instructions and local building codes. This warranty is not applicable if the product has been further modified in any way or removed from the original installation or has been subject to accident, abuse or misuse or if AKW has not been notified of the relevant defect within 90 days of first knowledge of the defect.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. AKW AND ITS AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
AKW's warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights, which vary according to your state/province. This is the sole extent of the AKW exclusive written warranty.